Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the HME setting where assigned.
Provides professional respiratory care by utilizing all elements of applicable clinical process
Administers diagnostic monitoring as prescribed by the physician.
Assesses and evaluates the patient’s status by:
- Reviewing and implementing the plan of service;
- Regularly re-evaluating patient needs;
- Revising the plan of service, as necessary.
EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT ON
- Background investigation
- Drug screen
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with a clean driving record
Is currently licensed as a respiratory care practitioner through the appropriate board in accordance with state law and regulation.
Has at least one (1) year general hospital experience, with current HME experience.
Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health; complies with organization policies concerning health screening and health requirements.
Must be a licensed driver with a clean driving record
Has satisfactory references from previous (or current) employers, and/or professional peers.
Has excellent observation, good judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- General office
- Community home environment
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- In and out of delivery vehicle
- Travel via automobile to patient’s homes
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking and listening
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires contact with patients and equipment with potential exposure to contagious pathogens.
- Available for on-call assignments as needed
Is a graduate of an accredited school of respiratory therapy
- Degree in respiratory therapy or related science is preferred.
- Must be licensed in primary state of home office and may be required to obtain license in neighboring states.
- Home respiratory care experience is preferred
- Maintain CEUs as required by state law