Enjoy a professional career with Hartig Drug, not just a job.
Hartig Drug is seeking a motivated, team oriented, full time Order Filler/Pharmacy Technician to join their winning team in Dubuque, IA. This position is responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. The Order Filler is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Efficiently pick store orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
Must be registered with the applicable state within required time period and certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board within one year of date of hire
• Certification needs to be current and renewed as necessary
• Must be detail oriented and precise
• Strong customer service and teamwork skills
• Able to verify patient information on prescription is complete and accurate
• Enters prescription into pharmacy software system, prepares prescription, labels container, price and file the prescription to be checked by the pharmacist before it is given to the patient
• Establish and maintain patient files
• Prepare and file insurance claims
• Stock and inventory prescription medication
Certification required within one year of date of hire by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
• Certification must be renewed every two years
Twenty hours of continuing education, including one hour of Pharmacy Law, for certificate renewal`