Helping our communities continue to navigate through COVID-19 is a top priority. Please use this page for information regarding COVID-19 testing, vaccines, and other important updates.
Hartig Drug is administering COVID-19 vaccines and booster doses at all locations. Availability of the type of vaccine may vary by location. Select your location to check availability and schedule your COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
When you arrive, check in with the pharmacy and provide the following:
- Completed Informed Consent Document
- Valid Driver's License or Photo I.D. (if applicable)
- Insurance Card (if applicable)
Patients' appointments will last approximately 20-30 minutes so our pharmacy team can complete the required documentation and monitor for adverse effects.
Additional information about COVID-19 vaccines can be found here.
Hartig Drug offers rapid Covid-19 tests for purchase at all of our retail locations.
Self-Collection PCR Test Kits
Through a partnership with testing company eTrueNorth, free lab-based PCR test kits are available in-store at select Hartig Drug locations. Follow the steps below to receive your free PCR test kit.
- Visit www.iNeedaCOVID19test.com to register and receive your voucher.
- Pick up your free test kit at the Hartig Drug location noted on your voucher.
- Collect your sample.
- Immediately following your sample collection, go back to www.iNeedaCOVID19test.com and activate your test kit. If not activated, your test is not valid.
- Dropoff a tightly sealed test at any Hartig Drug location within 24 hours of its collection.
- Wait for results to be emailed within 3-5 business days.
Locations offering Self-Collection PCR Test Kids:
- Belle Plaine
- Dubuque - JFK
- Iowa City
Know the Difference
Know the difference between an At-Home Rapid Antigen test and a Self-Collection PCR test.
At-Home Rapid Antigen tests can be performed and analyzed at home, with results in minutes. While less accurate, these tests are best suited for individuals experiencing symptoms.
PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests are sent to a lab for analysis. They can more accurately detect COVID-19 within days of infection, even in those with no symptoms. Hartig Drug's self-collection PCR tests can be performed at home but are still sent to a lab for analysis.